Data Protection Policy
- 0.1 We, the Singapore Trustee’s Association (“STA”), recognize and adhere to our responsibilities under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act of 2012 (the “PDPA.”)
- 0.2 For this notice, “we,” “our,” “us,” or the “STA” refers to the Singapore Trustees Association and its Executive Committee, Data Protection Officer, secretariat team, vendors, representatives, and agents.0.3 The purpose of this Policy is to ensure a clear understanding of the STA’s obligations under the PDPA, and to set our general standards on the handling of Personal Data.
- 0.3 Kindly direct any inquiries regarding this Data Protection Policy or how the STA manages and protects your Personal Data to
|STA DATA PROTECTION OFFICER BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Name:||Sean J. Tan|
|Phone Number:||+65 6223 9000|
|Office Address:||10 Anson Road #26-08, International Plaza
1.0 WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- 1.1 In your transactions and dealings with the STA, We may require you to provide us with your Personal Data and information including your:
- 1.11 Full legal name,
- 1.12 phone and fax numbers,
- 1.13 correspondence address,
- 1.14 email address,
- 1.15 company/employer name,
- 1.16 job title,
- 1.17 NRIC, FIN, or passport number,
- 1.18 list of professional qualifications,
- 1.19 details on your trusts & estates related experience, and
- 1.20 photographs and/or videographs containing your likeness.
- 1.2 We may collect your Personal Data directly from you or independently from any lawful sources.
2.0 USAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 2.1 By providing your Personal Data to the STA, you hereby consent to us collecting, retaining, disclosing, and using your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- 2.2 The processing of your STA Membership Application;
- 2.3 the administration of your STA Membership – including periodic newsletters, emails, membership renewal reminders, billing notices & invoices, registration and updating the registry of members with the Singapore Registry of Societies, and notices of the Annual General Meetings;
- 2.4 the sending of marketing materials, including advertisements & notifications regarding our lunch talks, workshops, conferences, and other events, and updates on our latest promotions;
- 2.5 the administration of our events, including registration & attendance lists, event billing notices & invoices, event follow-up messages, nametags, and certificates of attendance;
- 2.6 displaying photographs and/or videographs at our events or on our webpage, newsletters, emails, brochures, or other corporate materials. These may include member-submitted portrait photographs, or photography & videography of our events – which may include your likeness;
- 2.7 updating both our internal records and public records, including the Registry of Societies and the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore;
- 2.8 making any disclosure as required by law or regulations; and
- 2.9 any other purposes necessary or incidental to the proper administration of the STA.
3.0 CORPORATE MEMBERS MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF THEIR PERSONNEL
- 3.1 Corporate members undertake that they have obtained the consent of their officers, directors, executives, or other employees to submit their Personal Data to the STA for the Purposes.
4.0 THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- 4.1 Our Webpage may contain hyperlinks to other third-party websites. This Data Protection Policy is only applicable to www.sta.org.sg. When visiting a Third-Party website, it behooves you to read their data protection policy that governs your use of their websites.
5.0 RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- 5.1 We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
6.0 ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
- 6.1 You may at any time request for access or corrections to your Personal Data in our possession. Please contact DPO@sta.org.sg for information on how to make this request.
- 6.2 For Access Requests, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee germane to the incremental costs of producing your requested Personal Data. We will inform you of the quantum of the fee after we receive your Access Request; we may not provide you with your Personal Data until this fee is paid.
7.0 WITHDRAWING CONSENT
- 7.1 You may at any time withdraw or restrict your prior consent to the STA’s use and disclosure of your Personal Data in Our possession. Please contact DPO@sta.org.sg for information on how to withdraw your consent.
- 7.2 We will inform you of any potential consequences of withdrawing your consent; please note that withdrawing your consent may render us unable to continue providing our services to you.
8.0 UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- 8.1 As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect, and process your Personal Data, we will periodically review our policies, practices, and processes in accordance to any relevant developments to the laws and regulations.
- 8.2 We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. We will post any amended Data Protection Policy on the STA website, available at: www.sta.org.sg/data-protection
- 8.3 You are encouraged to visit the above website regularly to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.